Exciting opportunity to join the Coaching and Sports Science Team at NTT Pro Cycling.
The Coach-Sports Scientist will be responsible for the successful implementation of the team’s high-performance program with up to 11 athletes in the Under-23 Continental Team. They will effectively collaborate with the Continental Team’s performance staff (Manager, Directeur Sportif, Soigneurs, Mechanics) in order to optimize each athlete’s preparation and performance delivery, in accordance with the team’s standard practices.
- MSc or PhD in Sports and Exercise Science/Exercise Physiology or similar qualification.
- Passion for and understanding of Continental/U23 level cycling.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of determinants of endurance performance and mechanisms of fatigue during high intensity/volume exercise.
- Experience of laboratory and/or field testing of athletes, and then the interpretation and practical application of such data.
- +3 years’ experience and demonstrated success in endurance sports coaching.
- Competent in the use of coaching hardware and software.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills in a multicultural work environment.
- High levels of energy, drive, initiative.
- Well-developed critical thinking skills and an analytical mindset.
- Able to work effectively in a small, multi-tasking team environment.
- Fluent in English, with well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to fair play and clean sport.
- Current national Cycling Coach certification and UCI licence.
This position is based at our Performance Centre in Lucca, Italy. As such, the successful candidate will require the necessary documentation to live and work in the EU. The role will require flexibility in working hours throughout the season.
Salary will be commensurate with knowledge, experience and qualifications.
Applications in the form of a CV and cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position should be sent to email@example.com Further details will be provided to shortlisted candidates. References will be required for the successful applicant.
Closing Date: Friday 25th October 2019