Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka are happy to announce the launch of #CapsOn4Qhubeka, which will coincide with the start of the Giro d’Italia. At this year’s Corsa Rosa, we are inviting all children at the race to put #CapsOn4Qhubeka!
We are inviting our young fans to join us at our team bus and to meet the team. Fans will receive a ASSOS cycling cap, where they are encouraged to take a picture with our Qhubeka bike, and share the picture online, with #CapsOnForQhubeka.
Together with Qhubeka, we share a belief that #BicyclesChangeLives and the aim of the campaign is to create awareness for Qhubeka. The hand on our cap (and our race jersey) is a reminder to us that every Qhubeka bicycle is a helping hand up. To us, it symbolises the power that bicycles have in changing lives.
The funds raised by the overall #BicyclesChangeLives campaign are channelled into Qhubeka’s scholar mobility and mechanic training programmes. They help children to get to school and sports activities more easily, and mechanics to access economic opportunities.
How to get involved:
At the race:
- Stop at our team bus to meet us and collect a cap
- Wear the cap and take a picture with the Qhubeka bike at our bus
- Share the picture on social media with #CapsOn4Qhubeka
- Remember to hashtag the picture. We will be retweeting and sharing a collection of images on our social media platforms throughout the Giro! #CapsOn4Qhubeka.
Help us impact more lives with the bicycle by making a donation here:
Purchase a cycling cap from ASSOS, where a portion of proceeds will go directly to Qhubeka.
- First come, first serve basis. There are a limited number of caps each day.
- Caps are free for everyone under 18. A portion of caps will be available for a donation fee of $23 to Qhubeka.
- Images shared with the #tag could be retweeted or reshared via our social media accounts.